website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

vor einer Stunde schrieb Pablita:

I know it's incredible, I feel a lot of pressure and I hope not to end like Peiffer in Biathlon mixed relay :roflmao:

I have a secret weapon but it's not bet sites (in Italy I don't think that bets on skeleton or skii jumping exist) but I will tell you at the end of the OG.

Why are you giving away your secret for free? This will mean that you wont have an advantage in the next prediction contests.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 8 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

1) Many italian men have female names, basically their whole speed skating team (Francesca, Andrea, Nicola)

2) Just because the profile says that this person is female, it doesn't mean much.

a) Maybe this person is just pretending to be female

b) Maybe this person is transgender and identifies as female, but because there isn't the option "transgender", this person selected the option "female".

3) Having a cartoon character as your avatar also doesn't say much, could just be a random male nerd.

Sure, and you could be a monkey typing from Thailand for all I know. We can't live life without making any assumptions.

(now, being more serious, Pablita is either: a real female name -it's an unusual one in spanish at least- or, more likely, a nickname for Paola, which also is a female name in all latin languages).

Edited by LDOG

vor 4 Minuten schrieb LDOG:

Sure, and you could be a monkey typing from Thailand for all I know. We can't live life without making any assumptions.

(now, being more serious, Pablita is either: a female name -an unusual one- or, more likely, a nickname for Paola, which also is a female name in all latin languages).

Well, you can of course make assumptions, but then you shouldnt act as if its certain ...

I asked how do you KNOW? Not why do you THINK ...

Edit: Congrats for the brilliant reference to thailand transgender culture! :yes

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

hace 15 minutos, OlympicsFan said:

Well, you can of course make assumptions, but then you shouldnt act as if its certain ...

I asked how do you KNOW? Not why do you THINK ...

Edit: Congrats for the brilliant reference to thailand transgender culture! :yes

I'm just doing Occam's razor and inductive reasoning, but I don't claim to know anything.

Edited by LDOG

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Why are you giving away your secret for free? This will mean that you wont have an advantage in the next prediction contests.

Because I'm generous ;)

By the way I'm a woman and the LDOG's explanation about my name is correct.

Francesca is only a female name, the male version is Francesco like Francesco Totti

Nicola is only a male name in Italy, the female version are Nicoletta and Nicole.

Andrea is a typical male name in Italy but in the last 20 years people started to use it also for girls.

4 hours ago, Pablita said:

I know it's incredible, I feel a lot of pressure and I hope not to end like Peiffer in Biathlon mixed relay :roflmao:

I have a secret weapon but it's not bet sites (in Italy I don't think that bets on skeleton or skii jumping exist) but I will tell you at the end of the OG.

Matchfixing! :evil: