website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

New Year but always the same old song for the prediction contests:

• no old results,
  • no schedule of the new year,
  • decisions overturned in few days (Sindo said on 2nd January that Australian Open won't have a prediction contest and now we have the contest)
  • no planning, why work on Australian open while it would be better to open the Olympic contests (we still don't know how many they will be and what are we waiting for opening the hockey contest?)

Moreover I think the choice of Australian Open is quite nonsensical because past tennis contests showed that

• they don't capture the interest of new people because the two brackets are big and tedious (you need a lot of time to fill them)
  • it's necessary a lot of work for the organizer (check many results in the first week, create many predictions in the second week)
  • the contenders have to work a lot in the second week because there are many matches and you don't know when they finish, so many matches predictions are forgotten or skipped

Good luck to the contenders and to the organizer (it's nice to see tuniscof come back on predictions) for the Australian Open but I hope that this contest doesn't steal time and energy from the Olympics.

Tennis AO 2018 Men Contest: I broken the tip Copy/Paste the same name two time: there are matches Qualifier (Q) vs Qualifier (Q), and put as winner Qualifier (Q) have no sense .............:evil:

Sorry, I can't wait the update of prediction (with qualified names), because I will not back online before the start of AO 2018 .

:bye:

ALERT

Yen-Hsun Lu and Filip Krajinovic are out of the Australian Open, but still in the prediction contest bracket. 

This has all mixed up the draw quite a bit, so don't simply replace Lu with Polansky for example, since Lu will play Pospisil and Polansky will play Khachanov. 

This is quite important, so I'm gonna wait with filling in my bracket.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

38 minutes ago, LDOG said:

@Sindo should be able to correct that and also add the qualifier names.

I think and hope so as well, although one wonders what happens with people who have filled in their bracket and don't know it has changed. Maybe they should receive at least a mention/PM? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 2 minutos, heywoodu said:

I think and hope so as well, although one wonders what happens with people who have filled in their bracket and don't know it has changed. Maybe they should receive at least a mention/PM? 

At this point, if it were up to me, I would leave the Q vs Q matches as they are (and give points to everyone no matter who wins) and for those who predicted Krajinovic/Lu to win at least a match, we should take their replacements' performance in their place. I know the latter doesn't sound very fair but it would be better than completely nullifying the QF brackets in which they were in. 

8 minutes ago, LDOG said:

At this point, if it were up to me, I would leave the Q vs Q matches as they are (and give points to everyone no matter who wins) and for those who predicted Krajinovic/Lu to win at least a match, we should take their replacements' performance in their place. I know the latter doesn't sound very fair but it would be better than completely nullifying the QF brackets in which they were in. 

The problem is the replacements are not one-on-one replacements. Lu's replacement is not playing what would be Lu's match, for example.

If these players would just not have withdrawn, this wouldn't have been so complicated for those who have yet to fill in their brackets :p 

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

I just looked at the draw and filled the qualifiers myself, for the ones that i think would win matches. If anyone wants to participate, they shouldn't wait for someone to finish the bracket..

But how did you handle the Lu/Krajinovic-situation? Manually change the involved matches according to the Australian Open website? 

Edited by heywoodu

hace 4 minutos, heywoodu said:

The problem is the replacements are not one-on-one replacements. Lu's replacement is not playing what would be Lu's match, for example.

If these players would just not have withdrawn, this wouldn't have been so complicated for those who have yet to fill in their brackets :p 

But their replacements are still all Qs and LLs, which for us are still just little white flags :WHT  Khachanov for instance now plays a LL instead of a Q, which is kind of the same for us? or am I missing some other drastic change in the draw?