Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Wanderer

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Wanderer    210

Welcome to "Discuz-Free" Totallympics Prediction Contests Era! :d

Unfortunately we weren't able to organize Biathlon World Championships prediction contest cause of well-known reason.

 

Within next 24-hours, we shall start with Women's Ice Hockey World Championship according to our calendar.

Format remains the same, rules as well. It is also left to each user to decide whether he or she wants to put own predictions in spoiler. I recommend that because it will be much easier to open and go through pages when we are facing massive tables. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gianlu33    376
4 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Welcome to "Discuz-Free" Totallympics Prediction Contests Era! :d

Unfortunately we weren't able to organize Biathlon World Championships prediction contest cause of well-known reason.

 

Within next 24-hours, we shall start with Women's Ice Hockey World Championship according to our calendar.

Format remains the same, rules as well. It is also left to each user to decide whether he or she wants to put own predictions in spoiler. I recommend that because it will be much easier to open and go through pages when we are facing massive tables. 

I haven't idea of how I can use the spoiler whit the smartphone :mumble:

Edited by Gianlu33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
uk12points    315
12 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Welcome to "Discuz-Free" Totallympics Prediction Contests Era! :d

Unfortunately we weren't able to organize Biathlon World Championships prediction contest cause of well-known reason.

 

Within next 24-hours, we shall start with Women's Ice Hockey World Championship according to our calendar.

Format remains the same, rules as well. It is also left to each user to decide whether he or she wants to put own predictions in spoiler. I recommend that because it will be much easier to open and go through pages when we are facing massive tables. 

Will we no longer 'hide' our predictions in the same way as before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer    210
12 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

I haven't idea of how I can use the spoiler whit the smartphone :mumble:

 

Using spoiler is optional

 

2 hours ago, uk12points said:

Will we no longer 'hide' our predictions in the same way as before?

 

Oh yes, we will use "hide" option as before. Spoiler is optional if some of users want to put own predictions into spoiler. I mean, I can do that by myself when I reveal predictions, but if participants do it I'll spare some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rybak    195
On 20.03.2016 at 9:03 PM, Wanderer said:

Welcome to "Discuz-Free" Totallympics Prediction Contests Era! :d

Unfortunately we weren't able to organize Biathlon World Championships prediction contest cause of well-known reason.

 

Within next 24-hours, we shall start with Women's Ice Hockey World Championship according to our calendar.

Format remains the same, rules as well. It is also left to each user to decide whether he or she wants to put own predictions in spoiler. I recommend that because it will be much easier to open and go through pages when we are facing massive tables. 

Where is this contest? We don't have too much time left (It's only 4-5 days) to start these championships and still no thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer    210
17 hours ago, rybak said:

Where is this contest? We don't have too much time left (It's only 4-5 days) to start these championships and still no thread.

 

It is there, just it is hidden for you only.

 

Joking, of course. I didn't have access to the forum until five minutes ago. Not my fault.

If you think three days are enough, I can open the contest in next few hours. If not, we'll cancel it.

Edited by Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hckosice    810
2 hours ago, Wanderer said:

 

It is there, just it is hidden for you only.

 

Joking, of course. I didn't have access to the forum until five minutes ago. Not my fault.

If you think three days are enough, I can open the contest in next few hours. If not, we'll cancel it.

 

heey, don´t even try begin thinking about cancellation of ice hockey contest ... :mad:  now when we have 2 per year, we have to maintain those gifts :p or maybe also extend ...

there still a room ...:whistle::d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer    210

Announcement

 

There will be Women's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championship 2016 Prediction Contest - but it will be a test contest, unofficial one with no points to earn for General Standings. Two main reasons are behind this decision:

1. My absence in recent days (not my fault, I didn't have access to the forum for days) and very few remaining days until the start of the championship

2. To test the software and check whether the format I am going to use is manageable under new conditions. 

 

Also, all of you can leave feedback what can be changed for the next one so we can be prepared for the main part of the year.

Edited by Wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer    210

Women's Ice Hockey IIHF World Championships 2016

:CAN Kamloops (CAN) - 28 March 2016 - 4 April 2016 :CAN

 

2016PC1.png.d9c41d9dfe0269357b014d3081bf

Prediction Contests Are Just-For-Fun Games

"There are two possible outcomes:

if the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.

If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery."

 

 

is now open.

 

Remember, this is not official prediction contest, so you won't earn points for General Standings. However, I hope there will be greater number of participants so we can test new Totallympics look.

 

As before, remember to hide your predictions.

 

For any other questions, please contact me via PM.

 

Good luck! :fingers:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer    210

Tip for administrators: for some reason, "[ /hide]" doesn't appear at the end so when we submit reply, post is not hidden. We'll have to retype it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×