website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS] Discussion Thread

I'm sorry guys, but you'll have to wait until Wanderer has a bit of free time. I postponed a lot of stuff to be able to enjoy the olympics and now I have to catch up (remember is not summer here, so I can't have any vacation for the moment). It is what it is.

Everyone should learn to be supportive. Running a prediction contest is a difficult task on it's own, let alone running 9, during the Olympics (Which I believe as sportsfans they wanted to watch too, instead of spending their time counting points). The position of running prediction contests is stressful and it's a monotonous task. Deuce did it for many years and got so tired of it that he quit the forum for good. If you're still hoping to have more prediction contests in the future, stop pressuring them too much and let them work at their own pace. I fully understand that everyone is eager to witness the results, but we can't forget about the people behind the results.

14 hours ago, Werloc said:

Everyone should learn to be supportive. Running a prediction contest is a difficult task on it's own, let alone running 9, during the Olympics (Which I believe as sportsfans they wanted to watch too, instead of spending their time counting points). The position of running prediction contests is stressful and it's a monotonous task. Deuce did it for many years and got so tired of it that he quit the forum for good. If you're still hoping to have more prediction contests in the future, stop pressuring them too much and let them work at their own pace. I fully understand that everyone is eager to witness the results, but we can't forget about the people behind the results.

we know they could be busy /personal life ....etc and thx for the effort that they do  .personally i totally don't care about these predictions

but if you can't do it then you have to stop to arganise it ...no one will force you , it's only a game

Edited by bestmen

51 minutes ago, bestmen said:

it's only a game

Exactly! So it doesn't matter if the result comes a bit later, as it's only a game :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Summer Paralympic Games 2016

Contest-Paralympics.png

Prediction Contests Are Just-For-Fun Games

"There are two possible outcomes:

if the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.

If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery."

is now open.

This is an official contest and points will be earned towards the general ranking. This is a very different prediction contest, with athletes, nations and sports you're probably unfamiliar with - but give it a go and you'll be shocked at the diversity of paralympic sports.

All predicitions must be completed by Thursday 8th September 08:30 GMT-3.

As before, remember to hide your predictions.

For any other questions, please contact me via PM.

Good luck! :fingers: