Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
vinipereira

Women's Volleyball Pan American Cup 2018

zob79    10
9 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

Columbia beat Mexico 3-0 which means they are first in Group C now. Brazil needs a win or a 2-3 loss against Argentina to get back in 1st place. 

Is there any livestream available for Brazil-Argentina, pls?

Rdbc    24
4 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Is there any livestream available for Brazil-Argentina, pls?

None that I can find that are free :(

Rdbc    24

USA beat Puerto Rico 3-0 which means 1st place in Group B! 

• Thanks 1

vinipereira    898
10 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

USA beat Puerto Rico 3-0 which means 1st place in Group B! 

Yes, but because of the defeat to Cuba, USA will have to play Quarterfinals - as well as the 2nd ranked teams Colombia, Puerto Rico and the loser of Canada vs. Dominican Republic.

As the best 1st place teams, Brazil and the winner of Canada vs. Dominican Republic have qualified directly to the Semifinals.

• Like 1

intoronto    328

:CAN is playing quite well in this tournament. Really surprised. They have some young and up and coming players doing well !

vinipereira    898

Why the commentator has to say "punto VIVA. VIVA: estamos de tu lado" after every damn point? Poor guy...

vinipereira    898
38 minutes ago, intoronto said:

:CAN is playing quite well in this tournament. Really surprised. They have some young and up and coming players doing well !

And Canada just won against Dominican Republic, joining Brazil is semifinals - which means both teams are now qualified for the Pan American Games.

• Like 1

mrv86    345

Mexico lost 1-3 to Peru... last set was crazy, with a final score of 34-32

vinipereira    898

Semifinals this Friday:

:CAN vs :USA

:BRA vs :DOM

All 4 are qualified for the Pan American Games. :COL and :PUR will play for 5th place and the winner will also qualify.

vinipereira    898

Brazil was destroyed by Dominican Republic at the semifinal. This team is embarrassing and I hope none of these players gets called to the main team (except, of course, the ones that are greatly missed: Dani Lins and Thaísa).

Anyway, Dominican Republic and USA will fight for gold and I don't wanna brag but...

On 09/07/2018 at 21:40, vinipereira said:

I think Dominican Republic has a better chance at the title - maybe USA even though they're also with a B team.

• Haha 1

hoversaBR    49
16 horas atrás, vinipereira disse:

Brazil was destroyed by Dominican Republic at the semifinal. This team is embarrassing and I hope none of these players gets called to the main team (except, of course, the ones that are greatly missed: Dani Lins and Thaísa).

Anyway, Dominican Republic and USA will fight for gold and I don't wanna brag but...

Honestly, I do not see any difference from these players to others like Monique, Macris, Rosamaria or maybe Amanda ... Our women's volleyball is very weak and will depend a lot on top players. We can win the world title, yes, but with our best team in 100% of the games.