website statistics

Basketball 2018 Discussion Thread

Yannakis

Israel second year in row in final! They beat France 83:57!!

Second semifinal is Germany-Croatia and both teams are without medal at EC U20 :yikes: So, this will be first medal for Germany or Croatia or both maybe :d This is really suprise for me. Croatia always was good in young categories.

Israel won gold without problems. Great generation. They destroyed all opponents in elimination round (Spain, France and finally Croatia in final). So first ever medal for Croatia at U20 (silver) and also for Germany (bronze). France without medal this time.

Sweden, Romania and Iceland regalated. And Poland, Slovenia and Latvia promoted in A division.

Edited by dareza

vor 31 Minuten schrieb dareza:

Israel won gold without problems. Great generation. They destroyed all opponents in elimination round (Spain, France and finally Croatia in final). So first ever medal for Croatia at U20 (silver) and also for Germany (bronze). France without medal this time.

Sweden, Romania and Iceland regalated. And Poland, Slovenia and Latvia promoted in A division.

I think only Germany beat them in group stage. Good generation for Israel, but probably no NBA talent. In my opinion U20 is less important than U18 anyway. Too many top talents were missing, France was missing 10 guys or so and Germany was also missing 3 out of their usual starting 5. U20 isn't a great indicator for future success in my opinion.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

• 2 weeks later...

Another tournament without the majority of top talents, France and Germany don't seem to care much about junior tournaments sadly. I think there are maybe 5-10 guys who have NBA potential, but noone with the potential to be a lottery pick.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Serbia is second year in a row European u18 champion:cheer: Silver medal for Latvia and bronze for France. Russia finished 4, Lithuania 5 and all of them qualified for WC U19 2019.

Bosnia, Ukraine and Greece regalated and Slovenia, Netherlands and Belgium promoted.

Germany is absolutely sensational in this age category, they could win a historic first title today. I think Germany, Spain, Latvia and Hungary are qualified for the U19 world cup next year, the 5th team will be decided today. Dont know if Germany ever qualified for a basketball world cup on the womens side before. If there will be a live stream next year i might very well watch womens basketball for the first time in my life then.