website statistics

Fencing FIE World Championships 2018

phelps

3 minuti fa, dareza ha scritto:

What a disappointing results for Italy in male saber, 0 in top 8 :facepalm:

it was expected...

our guys have been very inconsistent throughout the entire season...

moreover, at the moment we just can't play against the Koreans...the only man who had a chance was Berrè, but he lost an apparently close match against Szatmari (who's a good fencer...you can always lose against him and it's not a shame for sure)...

and, sad to be said, Montano is a former athlete...he shouldn't be anymore part of our team, but you know, in Italy is always very difficult, if not impossible, to keep a decorated veteran out unless he calls himself out...

finally, I'm very surprised by Ferjani's result...congrats to him...and let's hope not to see too many Koreans on the podium...

in the women's epee, instead, at least Navarria got into the top 8...let's see if she can deliver when it really matters once in her career...surprisingly, no Russians in the top 8...

and I expected Fiamingo to go out against Branza-Popescu, but not with that infamous score...:facepalm:

1 minute ago, phelps said:

it was expected...

our guys have been very inconsistent throughout the entire season...

moreover, at the moment we just can't play against the Koreans...the only man who had a chance was Berrè, but he lost an apparently close match against Szatmari (who's a good fencer...you can always lose against him and it's not a shame for sure)...

and, sad to be said, Montano is a former athlete...he shouldn't be anymore part of our team, but you know, in Italy is always very difficult, if not impossible, to keep a decorated veteran out unless he calls himself out...

finally, I'm very surprised by Ferjani's result...congrats to him...and let's hope not to see too many Koreans on the podium...

in the women's epee, instead, at least Navarria got into the top 8...let's see if she can deliver when it really matters once in her career...surprisingly, no Russians in the top 8...

and I expected Fiamingo to go out against Branza-Popescu, but not with that infamous score...:facepalm:

I really don't now what is going on with Fiamingo. She was one of the best (maybe even the best) epee fencer in the world and now this.

Looking at the T8, a final between Navarria and Popescu would be the logical thing to expect

Adesso, zob79 ha scritto:

Looking at the T8, a final between Navarria and Popescu would be the logical thing to expect

I always fear the Estonians...for Navarria, beating Lehis wn't be so easy...our girls always fence badly against the Baltic women...

however, I hope this timew Navarria can finally reach the final of a major championship...she deserves it...

2 minutes ago, phelps said:

I think she did burn out mentally...

I don't think she has big technical issues (and I'm sure she's not injured)...

How the f*ck does Emese Szasz never burn out and we see her, with the slow/boring style, competing every year?

by the way, the streaming is a joke...it's half an hour behind the real time...if you go to the blue piste right now, they're stull waiting to show the round of 16 in the men's sabre (which is way over...there's even the clock on the pictures, indicating 16.15 local time, meanwhile now it's 16.45, 10.45 here in Central Europe)...:yikes::facepalm::wall:

I hate those fuc*in' events held in China...how much I hate them...:redcard::redcard::redcard:

by the way, the streaming is a joke...it's half an hour behind the real time...if you go to the blue piste right now, they're stull waiting to show the round of 16 in the men's sabre (which is way over...there's even the clock on the pictures, indicating 16.15 local time, meanwhile now it's 16.45, 10.45 here in Central Europe)...:yikes::facepalm::wall:

I hate those fuc*in' events held in China...how much I hate them...:redcard::redcard::redcard:

I got to see Popescu's bout in T16 20 minutes after it was actually over :d

2 minuti fa, zob79 ha scritto:

How the f*ck does Emese Szasz never burn out and we see her, with the slow/boring style, competing every year?

not all the people have the same character and/or mental strenght...here in Italy we are full of athletes who had an unbelievably long career always on top (look at Vezzali, just to name a fencer)...but Fiamingo isn't one of those, unfortunately for us...

however, I still hope for her to get back to her glory days...she's still quite young, especially for a weapon like epee...maybe she's just recharging her batteries before the Tokyo Games...