website statistics

[PREDICTION CONTESTS - POLL] Additions to the 2018 Calendar

[POLL] Additional Prediction Contests for 2018  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following prediction contests would you like to participate in? You can choose as many as you want. One or two (maximum 3) with the most votes will be added to the Calendar.

• Badminton World Tour Finals
    • Asian Games 2018 - Selected events
    • Tennis - ATP+WTA Finals (one prediction contest, singles only)
    • Men's Tennis ATP Finals (singles + doubles SF and F)
    • Artistic Gymnastics World Championships
    • Athletics European Championships
    • Athletics Continental Cup
    • Women's Softball World Championship
    • Wrestling World Championships
    • Weightlifting World Championships
    • Rowing World Championships

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/16/2018 at 08:00 AM

Since it's Wimbledon Middle Sunday and there are few days of rest at FIFA World Cup, here's a suggestion for some additions concerning Prediction Contests.

I was asked few times by some users about additional prediction contests. Since I settled down my private obligations, I can say I'll be able to run some more this year and hence the poll - it will be better for users to express their interest in since organizing a contest just for a handful of participants is not something I would like to do (like the recent Roland Garros prediction contest). So please, vote!

If you have more ideas, feel free to add them in your comment!

The poll will be closed by the end of the next week.

Edited by Wanderer

Voted. Nothing against the ones I didn't vote for, I just don't know much about it :p I'd participate if they are being held though, of course :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I voted for Athletics European Championships and I would be very invested into this one, this is the only sport in which my knowledge could compare to Biathlon :p

And I voted for Rowing World Championships as well, because I love Rowing :)

21 minutes ago, Henry_Leon said:

Tips: add an event (or 2), ONLY  if will have a minimum of 15/20 votes, otherwise will have contests with 20 users or less.............. (as already happened last year)

Yes, that is what I meant with greatest number of votes :yes  With an exception that, if only one exceeds 15 votes I'll include that contest only.

On 7/8/2018 at 05:58, Werloc said:

I voted for Athletics European Championships and I would be very invested into this one, this is the only sport in which my knowledge could compare to Biathlon :p

And I voted for Rowing World Championships as well, because I love Rowing :)

I think predicting rowing would easy, fun, and interesting. Especially since a lot of users don’t follow it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think predicting rowing would easy, fun, and interesting. Especially since a lot of users don’t follow it.

I am thinking to include Rowing for next year definitely. Also Fencing, Track Cycling will be in Calendar. Obviously, Rugby World Cup as one of the biggest events too.