website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I have Argentina at 11 ? And Jamaica is not confirmed yet, till COPAC announces wild cards?

Do you know how redistribution works? Is it per discipline or just overall?

Argentina qualified 5 women in kayak, 6 men in kayak and 1 man in canoe.

Well, Wild Cards were supposed to "Federations participating at the 2018 Pan American Canoe Sprint Championship and have not received a Quota."

So according to that, Jamaica will be granted a wild card. Peru could receive one, but they didn't show up, so this is a sport in which they won't compete.

As for the reallocation, qualification document states the following:

After the adjustments of participation to the number of 16 eligible athletes by each NOC to these Games, the President of COPAC in coordination with the COPAC CSPC will deliver the remaining quotas to the rest of the NOCs according to their performance.

The remaining quotas, after the qualification and the composition of the teams of up to 16 athletes will be distributed in accordance with the following methodology considering the need of development that the COPAC determine.
Note: Only the NOCs that participate at the 2018 Pan American Canoe Sprint Championship will receive remaining
quotas.

• Each NOC would receive only one remaining quota.
• The remaining quotas will be allocated essentially to reinforce the participation in the categories Canoe; Women and Men.

The distribution of the remaining quotas will be held immediately after the 2018 Pan American Canoe Sprint Championship, with the following criteria:
• The chart "Quotas Summary" will determine the quantity of the remainimg quotas for each event.
• The remaining quotas will be separately allocated in each event.
• The distribution will be based on the following principles:
Women Canoe: C2 500m & C1 200m rotating until the quotas will be completed.
Women Kayak: K4 500m, K2 500m, K1 200m and K1 500m: rotating until the quotas will be
completed.
Men Canoe: C2 1000m & C1 1000m rotating until the quotas will be completed.
Men Kayak: K4 500m, K2 1000m, K1 200m and K1 1000m rotating until the quotas will be completed.

So, as you can see, the person who wrote this, clearly needs to work on his syntax. I guess, each country other than Canada who already reached quota limit, will be given an extra athlete. But I'll wait for an "official" document or press release to see the final numbers.

18 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Argentina qualified 5 women in kayak, 6 men in kayak and 1 man in canoe.

Well, Wild Cards were supposed to "Federations participating at the 2018 Pan American Canoe Sprint Championship and have not received a Quota."

So according to that, Jamaica will be granted a wild card. Peru could receive one, but they didn't show up, so this is a sport in which they won't compete.

As for the reallocation, qualification document states the following:

So, as you can see, the person who wrote this, clearly needs to work on his syntax. I guess, each country other than Canada who already reached quota limit, will be given an extra athlete. But I'll wait for an "official" document or press release to see the final numbers.

lol I agree. Very messy indeed.

Argentina qualified K-4 500 (GONZALO CARRERAS, OMAR DE ANDRÉS, PABLO DE TORRES, EZEQUIEL DI GIACOMO), K2 1000 (MANUEL LASCANO MICAZ, AGUSTÍN VERNICE) and K2-200 (RUBEN REZOLA VOISARD) = 7   

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

@mrv86 http://www.panamsports.org/news-sport/panam-canoe-championships-provide-lima-2019-preview/

Lol, this made it even more confusing. I think the article based the qualification of Toronto 2015 system.

:zip: It's incredible how they don't even know their own rules.

The qualification system states the 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games were the open water swimming qualifier for CCCAN

So qualifiers are:

:MEX + 4

:GUA + 4

:CUB + 4

:ESA + 2

:CRC + 1 

:TTO + 1 

Edited by intoronto

On 21/9/2018 at 22:52, intoronto said:

The qualification system states the 2018 Central American and Caribbean Games were the open water swimming qualifier for CCCAN

Actually, I think this will be the qualifying event for Central American and Caribben NOC's, probably one of the last to be held.