website statistics

Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

:BER / :ESA /  :JAM replace  :IVB:PAR and :ECU from 2015 

Also the qualification document says Peru must compete in both qualification events, but its women's team did not compete. In the case they are not allowed to compete, then :BRA would qualify.

At this point, only 7 mixed doubles teams will compete, which means a country with one victory in the group stage will automatically win a medal, but if its straight knockout, then one country will auto win a medal from the draw!

Edited by intoronto

Men's Handball

:USA  +14

Women's Handball

Canada advances to Qualification tournament in both genders; in the men's side the fight will be between them and the Chileans, while in the women's it will be a though call between those two and Mexico.

In more qualification events, this weekend spots in Artistic Roller Skating (7 in each gender, one per NOC) and Trampoline Gymnastics (11 spots, max 2 spots by NOC in men's and women's) will be contested. Next week, qualifications in sprint canoe (top 5 boats in each event) and artistic gymnastics.

10 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Men's Handball

Women's Handball

As much as this stings for Canadian handball (especially the men, who finished fifth in Toronto and Nuuk earlier this year), I think wasting money sending them to Lima would have been worse off. 

35 minutes ago, intoronto said:

As much as this stings for Canadian handball (especially the men, who finished fifth in Toronto and Nuuk earlier this year), I think wasting money sending them to Lima would have been worse off. 

Probably not, as they could have a favorable draw an have a chance to advance to semifinals; this what happens when the host gets free quotas, when they are only competitive in a handful of sports.

Only 8 countries competed in women's trampoline (9 need to qualify), so I am assuming the fourth nation gets a second quota.

Trampoline

Men:

:USA +2

:CAN +2

:MEX +2

:COL +1

:BRA +1

:ARG +1

:CUB +1

:CHI +1

:PER +1 (host nation spot)

Women:

:CAN +2

:USA +2

:BRA +2

:ARG +2

:MEX +1

:VEN +1

:DOM +1

:COL +1 

So only :ECU and :PUR failed to qualify anyone 

Edited by intoronto

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

Only 8 countries competed in women's trampoline (9 need to qualify), so I am assuming the fourth nation gets a second quota.

That's correct.

More quotas.

Artistic Roller Skating 

:ARG +2

:BRA +2

:CHI +2

:COL +2

:ECU +1

:MEX +1

:PAR +1

:URU +1

:USA +2

Edited by mrv86

40 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Is there a link to these results?

Not yet, but probably the Colombian Skating Federation will upload them at their page.

I watched the live streaming of the competition at the fed's facebook page, and then paused it when they showed the scoreboard.