Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
Gianlu33

Tour de France 2018

Agger    325
57 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The Tour de Suisse is already sort of nicknamed the fourth Grand Tour :d 

Never really heard it mentioned as that... :mumble:

But I remember that it was discussed whether a 4th Grand Tour should be made in the US, @Olympian1010. Never happened, though

Edited by Agger
  • Like 1

heywoodu    2,672
13 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yay, 231km flat stage. 

Hold your horses, there's a mountain in the middle.

heywoodu    2,672

By the way, odd time penalty for Dumoulin. He deserved the penalty for stayering behind the car, no doubt, but less than 20km earlier Fuglsang and half the Astana team did the exact same thing...I would suppose they got the same penalty, but strangely I've heard nothing about it..

Dunadan    130

I'm glad that cheater Dumoulin was caught. In my opinion there should be a disqualification in such cases.

Agger    325
11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, odd time penalty for Dumoulin. He deserved the penalty for stayering behind the car, no doubt, but less than 20km earlier Fuglsang and half the Astana team did the exact same thing...I would suppose they got the same penalty, but strangely I've heard nothing about it..

Doesn't look like it. Even Danish media think it's weird

heywoodu    2,672
1 hour ago, Agger said:

Doesn't look like it. Even Danish media think it's weird

Weird that Dumoulin got it or weird that Fuglsang didn't? Because just to clarify: basically everyone in the Netherlands, from fans to media, agrees that they are right to give Dumoulin the penalty :p (which was more or less a tactical decision probably, now he lost 20 seconds with that, but without stayering he might have lost much more)

Agger    325
9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Weird that Dumoulin got it or weird that Fuglsang didn't? Because just to clarify: basically everyone in the Netherlands, from fans to media, agrees that they are right to give Dumoulin the penalty :p (which was more or less a tactical decision probably, now he lost 20 seconds with that, but without stayering he might have lost much more)

Weird that Birdie or at least Astana didn't get some punishment. The commentators felt sure that they would get fined while it happened, but apparently not even that happened.

• Like 1

heywoodu    2,672

Oh poor Thomas Degand, went on the early attack with 230km to go and nobody joined him :lol:

I'd ask Hilaire to put on some music in my earphones and make it an extra long training :d 

heywoodu    2,672

Come on guys, this is a really dangerous group with huge engines like Lampaert and Vermote :yikes:

Agger    325

Just yesterday Brian Holm was asked if it wouldn't be a good idea to send a rider into the break to force other teams to do the work in the pack. Maybe he was inspired :p

hckosice    1,561

Yoann Ofredo, the guy who will be forever remembered for this :p going for a very long day at office

heywoodu    2,672
10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Yoann Ofredo, the guy who will be forever remembered for this :p going for a very long day at office

I had not seen that before :d I mostly know him from a year suspension and being involved in a road rage fight last year for which he was convicted by court :p