website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2018

Gianlu33

3 minutes ago, mihamiha said:

porte was in tour, but he crashed

Considering that it starts today, he can't  ;)

Jokes aside. I don't really agree that it starts today. Back in the days where it was pretty much just a prologue and some boring flat stages before the mountains (and maybe a TTT), I could agree that the mountains were the real start, but looking at what we've seen so far, I would say that it has been on for quite some time. The weather didn't really help making some big differences on the cobbles, but those and also some hilly stages with decent potential. We have afterall seen the GC riders fighting on at least Mur de Bretagne and the cobbles.

9 minutes ago, Agger said:

Considering that it starts today, he can't  ;)

Jokes aside. I don't really agree that it starts today. Back in the days where it was pretty much just a prologue and some boring flat stages before the mountains (and maybe a TTT), I could agree that the mountains were the real start, but looking at what we've seen so far, I would say that it has been on for quite some time. The weather didn't really help making some big differences on the cobbles, but those and also some hilly stages with decent potential. We have afterall seen the GC riders fighting on at least Mur de Bretagne and the cobbles.

agree, but in next 3 stages we will see a lot of changes in top 20 and favourites will stand out

1 minute ago, mihamiha said:

agree, but in next 3 stages we will see a lot of changes in top 20 and favourites will stand out

Sure (though I would only say that 3 in the current top 20 are pretty sure not to be there after the Alps (Van Avermaet, Gilbert and Kragh))

That's what's so impressive about this year's tour. No doubt that we'll see bigger differences and some will advance while others will lose the race though. I'm just sad that I'll miss the next stages :(

Meanwhile there's 23km to go in the first stage of La Course, the women's race. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Agger said:

Isn't it just one stage this year?

:yikes:

I don't know, but that would be disappointing. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

DNS for Puck Moonen, the female cyclist who gets a boatload of attention in the Netherlands and even though people say it's sexist, yeah, it is because of her looks, not her results :p The DNS fits well in her season:

z740k3m8lz6j9.png