website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2018

Gianlu33

57 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The Tour de Suisse is already sort of nicknamed the fourth Grand Tour :d 

Never really heard it mentioned as that... :mumble:

But I remember that it was discussed whether a 4th Grand Tour should be made in the US, @Olympian1010. Never happened, though

Edited by Agger

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yay, 231km flat stage. 

Hold your horses, there's a mountain in the middle.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

By the way, odd time penalty for Dumoulin. He deserved the penalty for stayering behind the car, no doubt, but less than 20km earlier Fuglsang and half the Astana team did the exact same thing...I would suppose they got the same penalty, but strangely I've heard nothing about it..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, odd time penalty for Dumoulin. He deserved the penalty for stayering behind the car, no doubt, but less than 20km earlier Fuglsang and half the Astana team did the exact same thing...I would suppose they got the same penalty, but strangely I've heard nothing about it..

Doesn't look like it. Even Danish media think it's weird

1 hour ago, Agger said:

Doesn't look like it. Even Danish media think it's weird

Weird that Dumoulin got it or weird that Fuglsang didn't? Because just to clarify: basically everyone in the Netherlands, from fans to media, agrees that they are right to give Dumoulin the penalty :p (which was more or less a tactical decision probably, now he lost 20 seconds with that, but without stayering he might have lost much more)

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Weird that Dumoulin got it or weird that Fuglsang didn't? Because just to clarify: basically everyone in the Netherlands, from fans to media, agrees that they are right to give Dumoulin the penalty :p (which was more or less a tactical decision probably, now he lost 20 seconds with that, but without stayering he might have lost much more)

Weird that Birdie or at least Astana didn't get some punishment. The commentators felt sure that they would get fined while it happened, but apparently not even that happened.

Oh poor Thomas Degand, went on the early attack with 230km to go and nobody joined him :lol:

I'd ask Hilaire to put on some music in my earphones and make it an extra long training :d 

Come on guys, this is a really dangerous group with huge engines like Lampaert and Vermote :yikes: