website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2018

Gianlu33

Just now, heywoodu said:

By the way, that's two riders out of it so far, Grmay's DNF taking the Ethiopian pride out on the first weekend :( and LL Cool S is screwing half my prediction contests because he's a sure thing to go on the attack at least 36 times

That's what you get for your Vachon scheme. Good riddance.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

That's what you get for your Vachon scheme. Good riddance.

On a Dutch forum we've got another game that we definitely should introduce here but I forgot :p A pick'em game, where every stage you simply choose one rider (you can choose every rider only once) and his finishing position in that stage is your number of points for that stage. Player with the lowest number of points wins :p 

It can hardly be easier to organize (people count their own points in plain sight, so everyone can easily count if you're not messing up) and it can be both fun and horribly frustrating (like if you choose Gaviria for today :p ).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Oh, that. Yeah that was not Sagan's smartest move ever :p 

But still, not for a DQ decision, which was completely overblown by organizers. But let's not dwindle in that situation again, they will have to live with their sins. :whistle:  

Just now, Federer91 said:

But still, not for a DQ decision, which was completely overblown by organizers. But let's not dwindle in that situation again, they will have to live with their sins. :whistle:  

Yep, we can only hope he learned from his mistake :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On a Dutch forum we've got another game that we definitely should introduce here but I forgot :p A pick'em game, where every stage you simply choose one rider (you can choose every rider only once) and his finishing position in that stage is your number of points for that stage. Player with the lowest number of points wins :p 

It can hardly be easier to organize (people count their own points in plain sight, so everyone can easily count if you're not messing up) and it can be both fun and horribly frustrating (like if you choose Gaviria for today :p ).

We should have that here. :woot:

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

We should have that here. :woot:

I really wish I thought of that a few days earlier :p 

Now that I think of it, we could have that for more stuff, like a biathlon/alpine skiing season or whatever, there's easily 20+ races in which to choose one athlete :d Nothing official or something, it's super easy and it's fun :p 

Edited by heywoodu

Adesso, heywoodu ha scritto:

I really wish I thought of that a few days earlier :p 

Now that I think of it, we could have that for more stuff, like a biathlon/alpine skiing season or whatever, there's easily 20+ races in which to choose one athlete :d 

And maybe pick Adam Zampa for have 31 points at 100%? :p 

By the way, my start in that pick'em competition:

1. Dylan Groenewegen (6) - 6
2. Marcel Kittel (162) - 168

Your 1 worst result will be scratched at the end (to have one 'wildcard' for stuff like DNF's or falls), but this is gonna be hard :lol:

One more result like this and I'm gonna start picking Florian Vachon, Oliviero Troia, Thomas Scully and Marco Minnaard.

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

And maybe pick Adam Zampa for have 31 points at 100%? :p 

:d 

This is the kind of game where Fourcade gets 15 consecutive podiums and then you pick him (because you 'saved' him to not use all the best athletes at the beginning of the season) and right in that race he misses 6 shots and finishes 68th or something :p