Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Sindo

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Recommended Posts

Crolympic    4

I voted for old Totallympics because of results - I think that it was the only web site in the world with all results in olympic sports in one place. I know that there was some problems with old software but posting all results is my main reason. Maybe I need some more time ti get used to this new forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bestmen    449

i vote for the last version it was faster , this one is beautifull  but weight

we can't select/copy the posts and i can't uplaod images from my pc , i know that you will fixe the problems step by step .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Agger    160
1 hour ago, Danylove80 said:

 

I voted for the old version for 2 main reasons :

1- I am a lover of results and statistics , and the old one had everything I wanted

2- I do not like the decision not to have a specific thread for each event but only one general for each sport .

Getting used to this with these radical changes will be tough ... right now this forum does not give me that for which I have admired for so long that one site with all the results and the information of each sport

It's still early...

 

8 minutes ago, bestmen said:

i vote for the last version it was faster , this one is beautifull  but weight

we can't select/copy the posts and i can't uplaod images from my pc , i know that you will fixe the problems step by step .....

Faster? 
Personally I haven't had any of that kind of problem, which I did have from time to time on the old one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sindo    101
2 hours ago, uk12points said:

I voted for the old version, only because I am more familiar with the old one and I liked all the threads and results that we had. I also prefer that you can see the recently active 30 threads rather than the smaller number you can see here.

 

 

Here there are 8 threads right now but I can edit that number anytime to whatever I want. Maybe we will grow the number to 10 or 15 in the future but right now there are not so many threads so I think 8 is enough.

 

Also there are 2 useful pages: Unread Content (a list of posts you have not read from your account in chronological order) and All Activity (a list of every single action that happens on the forum in real time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sindo    101
1 hour ago, Danylove80 said:

 

I voted for the old version for 2 main reasons :

1- I am a lover of results and statistics , and the old one had everything I wanted

2- I do not like the decision not to have a specific thread for each event but only one general for each sport .

Getting used to this with these radical changes will be tough ... right now this forum does not give me that for which I have admired for so long that one site with all the results and the information of each sport

About no. 1, one of the aim should be to come back to cover results and statistics one day, just I think now we should focus on other things with Rio just 6 months away.

 

About no. 2, it's just a temporary decision to allow the discussion to start again, for sure we will have more threads in the future and not a single thread for each sport.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sindo    101
25 minutes ago, bestmen said:

i vote for the last version it was faster , this one is beautifull  but weight

we can't select/copy the posts and i can't uplaod images from my pc , i know that you will fixe the problems step by step .....

I think this one should be pretty fast. Maybe it get slower if you have many pages opened because as you can see if you have a new PM or a new notification you get it in real time.

 

You will be able to upload images from your PC when we will add the premium membership, so that only premium members can upload pictures and the forum won't get too heavy with too many pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wanderer    224

It might be early for the feedback. But I actually like this software better, definitely! The only thing I regret is the lost work. Guess that was the price (or in Sindo's case, additional one). At least we have already existing community and I believe we'll work it out this time too.

I think we can start posting results again, but not as a mandatory thing. I would like to have some place where I can check results from sports I do not follow, or are difficult to find. Or even from more popular sports like football, but from competitions which are not covered widely. Over the last few years, totallympics was my main source of information and results.But above all, I would like to keep discussion as s priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bestmen    449
39 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I think this one should be pretty fast. Maybe it get slower if you have many pages opened because as you can see if you have a new PM or a new notification you get it in real time.

 

You will be able to upload images from your PC when we will add the premium membership, so that only premium members can upload pictures and the forum won't get too heavy with too many pictures.

and what about the personnal album?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Felipe    29

Results could return in a "lite version", don't using a heavy formatation like old Totallympics. It demands much time, especially on small continental tournaments and junior/cadet/u18/u20/etc... even copy-control from confederations websites should be allowed. Heavy formatation just on the main post and one or other more important, but not in all posts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×