website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

I think with respect to software, this is good. But we should develop to show results here. I feel all will say old because of many threads for individual event. We should plan how to use this software effectively. Maybe post results with some space to update in each sports for each tournament if possible at least results will be at same place and discussion on it can continue with intermittent results.

This is my idea...not sure whether it is possible...

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

I agree there's been few days to make a judgement right now, but I like some things about the new forums.

However, I agree that at some point we shall start returning to post results, because it was part of the site good things, that many users and visitors could count on finding most results in here as soon as they were out.

The new one, without a doubt. Obviously it's sad that all old content is gone....not so much results that can be found anywhere on internet, but unique things like the all-sports medal tables and the threads about which nations have yet or not yet qualified for Rio. 

Discuz however was so hopeless in terms of options...I mean, for crying out loud, it did not even have a "spoiler" option :lol:
Also it's cool that the other had so many results (although discussing was often impossible because people just had to urge to post every single result of every single heat of every single event for World Championships or World Cups), but without a working "search" function, that's 90% useless...

On this forum we have both the search and spoiler function which I think would greatly increase the whole results thing:

- Post results in a spoiler --> They won't get in the way of discussions and won't take you forever to scroll down the page
- Simply use the search function when you want to find certain results 

Perfect :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

i voted for older version only due to results base, this was enormous value of former website. Apart from this new version is better, more modern but.....let`s say that i was in forum for worldwide results (knowledge) more than for visual side, so 51-49 for older version

I fell in love with sports.....since i first seen it

so for me, if we can return to results-posting in some lighter way / version it`d be 100% for newer version, it has 100xmore potential, modernity, look,etc etc, only those results....

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The new one, without a doubt. Obviously it's sad that all old content is gone....not so much results that can be found anywhere on internet, but unique things like the all-sports medal tables and the threads about which nations have yet or not yet qualified for Rio. 

Discuz however was so hopeless in terms of options...I mean, for crying out loud, it did not even have a "spoiler" option :lol:
Also it's cool that the other had so many results (although discussing was often impossible because people just had to urge to post every single result of every single heat of every single event for World Championships or World Cups), but without a working "search" function, that's 90% useless...

On this forum we have both the search and spoiler function which I think would greatly increase the whole results thing:

- Post results in a spoiler --> They won't get in the way of discussions and won't take you forever to scroll down the page
- Simply use the search function when you want to find certain results 

Perfect :d 

hmm, not all results are so easy to find and in fact we didn`t have to look for all of them, they were in 1 place, from all around the world, also from Africa thx to users living there. I think it depends on personal, individual priorities. Statistic-like users like me loved those results parts, "discussion-like" users will prefer newer version probably. It has all but this one advantages over old version

Edited by Pavlo

34 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

hmm, not all results are so easy to find and in fact we didn`t have to look for all of them, they were in 1 place, from all around the world, also from Africa thx to users living there. I think it depends on personal, individual priorities. Statistic-like users like me loved those results parts, "discussion-like" users will prefer newer version probably. It has all but this one advantages over old version

I'm a statistics fan as well :)

Therefore I really don't see any argument of why to do it different than posting results in spoilers. If you do that, people who love results are happy because there are results and people who find too many results annoying are happy because spoilers don't take too much space --> Perfect compromise I guess. 

I was just saying there is a search function now and how that's useful. On the old forum with some bad luck you had to go to literally dozens of pages in certain sports threads to find a result you were looking for. Now you go to "Search", type the name of an athlete or something and done. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!