website statistics

Totallympics Announcements Thread

Sindo

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

I can already say that "Road To" in Croatian sounds really stupid. :p

You can use any other expression, like "towards to Tokyo 2020" or "Aim Tokyo 2020" or whatever, I guess every language has an expression which is used for the pre-Olympic period in the road to the next olympic games.

So if you have a national thread in which you don't really post about Olympic qualification, but more about national stuff, you are still obligated to have 'Road to Tokyo' in the thread title? Even when it makes no sense? This is not a choice for the people who actually use the thread? :) 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

So if you have a national thread in which you don't really post about Olympic qualification, but more about national stuff, you are still obligated to have 'Road to Tokyo' in the thread title? Even when it makes no sense? This is not a choice for the people who actually use the thread? :) 

I don't understand, what would be the choice ? Road to 2021 World Games if you just want to post about non-olympic sports ? :lol:

Also, in Dutch there's not really an expression used for 'road to Tokyo/Beijing/London' or anything similar. That + the Dutch thread being mostly empty and, when used, not really used to keep track of Olympic qualifying means I'll politely decline the addition of 'Tokyo 2020' in the thread and keep the thread title how it is :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Sindo said:

I don't understand, what would be the choice ? Road to 2021 World Games if you just want to post about non-olympic sports ? :lol:

If a user wants to keep track of Olympic qualification in their thread (like for example @hckosice often seems to do), adding this 'Road to' thing makes sense, because then it's a thread that's specifically about the road to the Olympics. But a user/group of users from one nation who use their national thread only for general stuff (and not qualification) should of course have the choice to not have something added. Like my post above, the title of the Netherlands thread is fine as it is, no addition needed :)

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

Or you know, let people figure out what they 'd like to add.

I sometimes feel like the French secretly cloned me and the result is you :p