website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

17 horas atrás, JoshMartini007 disse:

I removed all non-Olympic events that I could. For clarification weightlifting was left as is while in karate I only removed the lightest weightclass as I cannot combine the two heavier weightclasses.

Medals Lost (at least 10)

:INA - 45

:CHN - 43

:KOR - 36

:THA - 26

:TPE - 20

:IRI - 19

:IND - 18

:MAS - 18

:VIE - 16

:JPN - 13

:UZB - 12

:SGP - 12

:UAE - 11

:HKG - 10

:PHI - 10

Unsurprisingly Indonesia was hit the hardest, losing 45 medals, but still sitting in 11th on the medal table. Overall Southeast Asia took the hardest hit. Thailand lost half its medals and also dropped out of the top 10 and is sitting in 15th. Malaysia lost 18/20 medals. Bahrain and Kazakhstan have both moved into the top 10 (8th and 10th respectively). Japan despite being a distant second only lost 13 medals. North Korea is the only nation in the old top 10 to lose fewer than 10 medals (2 lost). The following nations which won medals no longer have any; Afghanistan, Cambodia, Unified Korea, Laos and Myanmar.

Top 10 (G-S-B)

1. :CHN 77-49-37

2. :JPN 36-36-57

3. :KOR 21-29-32

4. :PRK 11-7-7

5. :IRI 11-6-13

6. :IND 9-14-9

7. :TPE 8-11-8

8. :BRN 8-3-5

9. :UZB 6-11-9

10. :KAZ 6-9-23

Awesome job.

I'm surprised to see Iran, a nation I've always believed to be a one-trick pony (only winning major medals in combat sports) resting in a solid fifth place. It's always nice when a nation improves considerably in other sports (I assume they've improved... If all of their medals are still from combat sports, I take my words back).

Chinese Taipei is a HUGE surprise for me. They won their first ever gold medal in gymnastics on the pommel horse (their gymnast can even be world champion) and then another one on the high bar. Their athletes seem to be well trained and they give other huge nations with dozens of millions of people a run for their money.

And I presume Bahrain is the Azerbaijan of the Asian Games, right? No one really cares about it, lots of athletes born on other nations and questionable choices galore.

7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Awesome job.

I'm surprised to see Iran, a nation I've always believed to be a one-trick pony (only winning major medals in combat sports) resting in a solid fifth place. It's always nice when a nation improves considerably in other sports (I assume they've improved... If all of their medals are still from combat sports, I take my words back).

Chinese Taipei is a HUGE surprise for me. They won their first ever gold medal in gymnastics on the pommel horse (their gymnast can even be world champion) and then another one on the high bar. Their athletes seem to be well trained and they give other huge nations with dozens of millions of people a run for their money.

And I presume Bahrain is the Azerbaijan of the Asian Games, right? No one really cares about it, lots of athletes born on other nations and questionable choices galore.

Iran has 2 Gold in Weightlifting, 2 in Kabbadi, 1 in Athletics and 1 in Sports Climbing. Rest are in Karate, Wrestling, Wushu and Taekwondo. 

Though Taipei always do well in Asian Games but still they are doing better than the past. 

Several Indonesian medallists at the Asian Games have offered to raise money and donate their win bonuses to the victims that were hit by a series of earthquakes at Lombok island.

http://www.euronews.com/2018/08/29/indonesian-medal-winners-contribute-towards-lombok-cause

Edited by wumo26

3 hours ago, Dolby said:

Our dream year in TT continues. Achanta Sharath Kamal and Manika Batra defeat Korean pair in Mixed Doubles to reach Quarter-finals where they will face a North Korean team. Hoping for medal no. 2 :fingers:

India was really impressive in Table tennis with two medals so far :yes TT is one of my favorite sports. this is great to see a different name in medal table beside all those East Asian countries

btw you also finished 2nd in Asian Junior Championships a week ago in team event. looks like a very successful program in Table tennis.

On 28/08/2018 at 21:50, JoshMartini007 said:

I removed all non-Olympic events that I could. For clarification weightlifting was left as is while in karate I only removed the lightest weightclass as I cannot combine the two heavier weightclasses.

Medals Lost (at least 10)

:INA - 45

:CHN - 43

:KOR - 36

:THA - 26

:TPE - 20

:IRI - 19

:IND - 18

:MAS - 18

:VIE - 16

:JPN - 13

:UZB - 12

:SGP - 12

:UAE - 11

:HKG - 10

:PHI - 10

Unsurprisingly Indonesia was hit the hardest, losing 45 medals, but still sitting in 11th on the medal table. Overall Southeast Asia took the hardest hit. Thailand lost half its medals and also dropped out of the top 10 and is sitting in 15th. Malaysia lost 18/20 medals. Bahrain and Kazakhstan have both moved into the top 10 (8th and 10th respectively). Japan despite being a distant second only lost 13 medals. North Korea is the only nation in the old top 10 to lose fewer than 10 medals (2 lost). The following nations which won medals no longer have any; Afghanistan, Cambodia, Unified Korea, Laos and Myanmar.

Top 10 (G-S-B)

1. :CHN 77-49-37

2. :JPN 36-36-57

3. :KOR 21-29-32

4. :PRK 11-7-7

5. :IRI 11-6-13

6. :IND 9-14-9

7. :TPE 8-11-8

8. :BRN 8-3-5

9. :UZB 6-11-9

10. :KAZ 6-9-23

we won 2 more golds in Olympic events.........Of course Ehsan won the Gold in Discus ............... I hoping we can defeat Iran and PRK on the Olympic sport table                       @ Iranian Group members  :d

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

39 minutes ago, nitinsanker said:

we won 2 more golds in Olympic events.........Of course Ehsan won the Gold in Discus ............... I hoping we can defeat Iran and PRK on the Olympic sport table                       @ Iranian Group members  :d

:d don't worry we are almost done with our gold medal chances. I'm only confident about one more , we also have some small chances here and there but I expect only one more. max 2. we had our chances to win more gold earlier in Karate and wrestling, specially in Karate. I really think we could 3-4 more golds.

North Korea won 8 gold medals in weightlifting ! they took advantage of China's suspension very good. I think they would lose more than half of these gold medals to China in a normal situation.

8 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Not a sight you see everyday :d

:NEP

image.png.8e79f24b06538c67337d1b512b392246.png

What sport, and WHAT!!!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela