website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

11 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Anyone have a streaming for the waterpolo? 

Look up workpointoffical YouTube channel 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Strange discovery today on the Asian games website. For days, the site has been showing match timings off by half an hour for me - so a match scheduled for 10 am INA time is shown at 10.30 am !! What's worse - sometimes the time is half an hour ahead & sometimes half an hour behind

BUT...if I change the time zone on the computer from Indian time zone of GMT + 5.30 to say Bangladesh time zone of GMT + 6, then the site starts showing the correct timings !! It still shows INA standard time, but at least it is correct...

So the site basically can't handle a time zone of the form GMT+5.30 (India) or GMT+5.45 (Nepal) - but it can handle hourly time zones like GMT+1, GMT+2 etc...so only few countries like India, Iran, Afghanistan and Nepal face the weird issue - no issue for others..

Unfortunately, that would also mean that the issue is highly unlikely to be fixed - as faced by only few countries. So the only for us poor Indian or Iranian folk is to actually change the time zones on our computers in order to be able to follow with some sanity (After changing the time zone, I changed the time itself again by half an hour so my computer keeps showing the correct Indian time)...

8 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Strange discovery today on the Asian games website. For days, the site has been showing match timings off by half an hour for me - so a match scheduled for 10 am INA time is shown at 10.30 am !! What's worse - sometimes the time is half an hour ahead & sometimes half an hour behind

BUT...if I change the time zone on the computer from Indian time zone of GMT + 5.30 to say Bangladesh time zone of GMT + 6, then the site starts showing the correct timings !! It still shows INA standard time, but at least it is correct...

So the site basically can't handle a time zone of the form GMT+5.30 (India) or GMT+5.45 (Nepal) - but it can handle hourly time zones like GMT+1, GMT+2 etc...so only few countries like India, Iran, Afghanistan and Nepal face the weird issue - no issue for others..

Unfortunately, that would also mean that the issue is highly unlikely to be fixed - as faced by only few countries. So the only for us poor Indian or Iranian folk is to actually change the time zones on our computers in order to be able to follow with some sanity (After changing the time zone, I changed the time itself again by half an hour so my computer keeps showing the correct Indian time)...

This reminds me of our old forum which was not supporting the half/hour time zone differences :d So all the Indian users were not able to set the right time on the forum.

5 hours ago, kapil857 said:

I think if you download the official app of the games, the timings will be correct according to your time zone.