website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

From a neutral perspective, this sounds seriously awesome :d 

Except that us foreigners would never be able to watch it

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, MHSN said:

and if Kazakhstan wasn't banned we would see Ilya Ilyin and another high quality Kazakh guy as well. you don't see high quality competitions in Asia in heavier weights that much.

but the funny thing is despite quality competition in this weight I expect our 94kg guy Moradi to beat all of 105kg weightlifters :d he is lifting some crazy numbers recently. breaking world record everyday for the breakfast :d only Nurudinov is probably capable of lifting more than him. even though we didn't see Nurudinov after his gold medal in Rio. we don't know if he is in a good shape or not.

I was front row when Moradi set the world record at the Championships last year. I have an awesome video of it

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yet another thing that makes one wonder how it can be so hard. I mean, websites of MotoGP, World Superbikes and I believe European Athletics or IAAF for example always simply list both the local time and the user's time and it works perfectly fine.

South Korea might have been mostly known for corruption in terms of unfair results and Koreans being heavily favoured, but at least they had the expertise to host an event in today's internet-age.. 

But, but we spent a lot to hire the same Sport Result IT Services from Incheon 2014 (Ssangyong) :p

I’m pretty sure Indonesia and Thailand are playing for not last right now in Women’s Handball. The quality of play is not high, but at least they sent teams

Why has the men's basketball match between Syria and UAE been cancelled? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

25 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Why has the men's basketball match between Syria and UAE been cancelled? 

UAE withdrew. only two teams left in this group which means Iran and Syria are already in quarterfinal ! :wall: not a good news I'm quite sure our coach would prefer playing more games before the knockout rounds.

and this is funny we were supposed to have Phippines, UAE and Syria in our group. Philippines withdrew but later came back. and since two other teams from group D withdrew as well they sent the Philippines to that group and now group B is left with only two teams ! :d which means one team between Philippines, China or Korea will get eliminated before the semifinal.

4 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m pretty sure Indonesia and Thailand are playing for not last right now in Women’s Handball. The quality of play is not high, but at least they sent teams

Thailand even played in World Championship not so long ago. they were supposed to be better than this but yeah that was a low level match. still better than Indonesia-Malaysia match :d

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

UAE withdrew. only two teams left in this group which means Iran and Syria are already in quarterfinal ! :wall: not a good news I'm quite sure our coach would prefer playing more games before the knockout rounds.

Still less ridiculous than women's football tournament in 2014 when Hong Kong qualified for quarterfinals by virtue of losing both group matches 5:0. :p

#banbestmen