website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

30 minutes ago, kapil857 said:

Has anybody noticed that the timings put up so far on the schedule and results page on the official site are WRONG by half an hour ?? And what's worse, it's sometimes half an hour ahead and sometimes half an hour behind.

For eg, the JPN v HKG basketball match today starts at 4 pm indonesia time but is listed at 4.30 pm on the site. On the other hand, the COR v INA match starts at 6.30 pm but is listed at 6 pm !! 

Thankfully, wikipedia has the correct timings atleast so far

image.thumb.png.a56c6b82fedfdc161f1cd7833c493f76.png

It's normal now..

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

It's normal now..

nope. still wrong for me. I noticed that yesterday. I think the official website tries to adjust the timing with each user's time zone . that's why they are making such a mess.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

nope. still wrong for me. I noticed that yesterday. I think the official website tries to adjust the timing with each user's time zone . that's why they are making such a mess.

Yet another thing that makes one wonder how it can be so hard. I mean, websites of MotoGP, World Superbikes and I believe European Athletics or IAAF for example always simply list both the local time and the user's time and it works perfectly fine.

South Korea might have been mostly known for corruption in terms of unfair results and Koreans being heavily favoured, but at least they had the expertise to host an event in today's internet-age.. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

now we know why China registered in weightlifting

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1068823/chinas-weightlifters-hope-iwf-will-allow-them-to-compete-at-asian-games-despite-year-long-ban

even if they clear China to participate there are still questions about their " whereabouts" as mentioned in the article. in weightlifting you can't just jump in and participate. they have to test you for few months prior to the competition. this will be ridiculous they let China to participate but knowing IWF that most probably will happen.

this will affect our gold medal chances directly :( 85kg gold medal is 100% gone with Tian Tao. even though I doubt still anybody can touch our possible gold medals at 94 and +105. and there will be a hell of a competition for 105kg with Yang Zhe , Olympic champion Nurudinov, the other Uzbek guys and two Iranian weightlifters , including the current World Champion Hashemi.

7 minutes ago, MHSN said:

in weightlifting you can't just jump in and participate. they have to test you for few months prior to the competition. 

That really is the case for basically every sport (or at least should be the case) :p 

and there will be a hell of a competition for 105kg with Yang Zhe , Olympic champion Nurudinov, the other Uzbek guys and two Iranian weightlifters , including the current World Champion Hashemi.

From a neutral perspective, this sounds seriously awesome :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

From a neutral perspective, this sounds seriously awesome :d 

and if Kazakhstan wasn't banned we would see Ilya Ilyin and another high quality Kazakh guy as well. you don't see high quality competitions in Asia in heavier weights that much.

but the funny thing is despite quality competition in this weight I expect our 94kg guy Moradi to beat all of 105kg weightlifters :d he is lifting some crazy numbers recently. breaking world record everyday for the breakfast :d only Nurudinov is probably capable of lifting more than him. even though we didn't see Nurudinov after his gold medal in Rio. we don't know if he is in a good shape or not.

2 minutes ago, MHSN said:

and if Kazakhstan wasn't banned we would see Ilya Ilyin and another high quality Kazakh guy as well. you don't see high quality competitions in Asia in heavier weights that much.

but the funny thing is despite quality competition in this weight I expect our 94kg guy Moradi to beat all of 105kg weightlifters :d he is lifting some crazy numbers recently. breaking world record everyday for the breakfast :d only Nurudinov is probably capable of lifting more than him. even though we didn't see Nurudinov after his gold medal in Rio. we don't know if he is in a good shape or not.

Nurudinov didn't appear even once since Rio? :yikes:

Sports has forced me to see that as rather suspicious :p 

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

Nurudinov didn't appear even once since Rio? :yikes:

Sports has forced me to see that as rather suspicious :p 

nope. maybe he is becoming another Ilyin ! as we could see Ilyin only few times in an Olympic cycle, only Olympics, Asian Games and once or twice in the World Championships.

but from what I heard he was injured last year. :mumble: no judgement from myself I like him personally

59 minutes ago, MHSN said:

nope. maybe he is becoming another Ilyin ! as we could see Ilyin only few times in an Olympic cycle, only Olympics, Asian Games and once or twice in the World Championships.

but from what I heard he was injured last year. :mumble: no judgement from myself I like him personally

Well I like Ilyin too :p 

I mean, yeah the doping stuff, but I've long given up hope that we're watching any clean weightlifting at all and once you did that, it's a lot easier to enjoy the show even with dopers :lol: