website statistics

Asian Games 2018

Fly_like_a_don

5 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

In term of what?

Availablilty of information for those not at the games or living in Asia. However, that’s more of a problem with the broadcasters. I’ve actually been impressed by most other aspects of the games, besides the need for a good results system. So congrats so far!

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Availablilty of information for those not at the games or living in Asia. However, that’s more of a problem with the broadcasters. I’ve actually been impressed by most other aspects of the games, besides a good results system. So congrats so far!

Thanks!

Asian Games broadcast outside Asia is usually hard to find because imo OCA don't know the potential.. Besides they never really interact with the fans.

And this year, even in Indonesia the broadcast is a mess. The right holders (Emtek) have 3 FTA TV stations and till today they only broadcast 2 football matches.
Other broadcast partner (from different media group) did broadcast basketball and non-Indonesian football team but those using Pay TV can't watch it.

Streaming provided in that Vidio.com website but the quality is trash (720p but still blurry, WTF)

Most Indonesian in remote areas uses satellite dish, but they can't watch anything because of the 'broadcast spillover' prevention. During the Asian Games they became a foreigner lol. Lots of complaints (and bad words) were directed to the organizers and Sport Minister.

The Sport Minister even sent a letter to Sheikh Ahmad regarding this issue. Pay TV ban is lifted afterwards.

The decision to let this Emtek Group is a big question mark when it was announced. Even the CEO caught off-air saying that "Indonesians don't watch the Olympics, and we don't want any low rating shows." >> (yet still get the broadcast rights for Olympics)

#donerant :lol:

22 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Thanks!

Asian Games broadcast outside Asia is usually hard to find because imo OCA don't know the potential.. Besides they never really interact with the fans.

And this year, even in Indonesia the broadcast is a mess. The right holders (Emtek) have 3 FTA TV stations and till today they only broadcast 2 football matches.
Other broadcast partner (from different media group) did broadcast basketball and non-Indonesian football team but those using Pay TV can't watch it.

Streaming provided in that Vidio.com website but the quality is trash (720p but still blurry, WTF)

Most Indonesian in remote areas uses satellite dish, but they can't watch anything because of the 'broadcast spillover' prevention. During the Asian Games they became a foreigner lol. Lots of complaints (and bad words) were directed to the organizers and Sport Minister.

The Sport Minister even sent a letter to Sheikh Ahmad regarding this issue. Pay TV ban is lifted afterwards.

The decision to let this Emtek Group is a big question mark when it was announced. Even the CEO caught off-air saying that "Indonesians don't watch the Olympics, and we don't want any low rating shows." >> (yet still get the broadcast rights for Olympics)

#donerant :lol:

And now even the replays on vidio are being block in my country :mad:. Looks like I might not be watching the games

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Griff88 said:

In term of what?

The official website. :thumbdown: I still hope for a miracle to see a better version when the competition officially starts.:pope:

no PDF section. for example in basketball results you only can see the number of points scored for each players. to know the number of assists rebounds. percentages etc you have to click on every single player. I never saw such thing for a basketball report. and that was just an example.

or if someone from China wanted to know which Chinese athletes are going to compete tomorrow. he has to check every single single link for each sport because there is no NOC section.

So there is now no current streams or replays available in the US. The OCA has always been the most progressive in terms of sports, but the least progressive in equality, presentation, and basically every other field of study. I’m so disappointed by the presentation of the games. I’d actually looked forward to watching them, but I hear half of Indonesians can’t even watch them, so the odds are not in my favor. I wish Olympic Channel would’ve pursued the OCA for rights to broadcast the games internationally. Hopefully, the YouTube streams work eventually.

Here ends my rant about the 2018 Asian Games, who’s next?

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

The official website. :thumbdown: I still hope for a miracle to see a better version when the competition officially starts.:pope:

no PDF section. for example in basketball results you only can see the number of points scored for each players. to know the number of assists rebounds. percentages etc you have to click on every single player. I never saw such thing for a basketball report. and that was just an example.

or if someone from China wanted to know which Chinese athletes are going to compete tomorrow. he has to check every single single link for each sport because there is no NOC section.

Yeah, and they also randomly sort countries when you are searching (Indonesia at the bottom, they thought this is the parade of nations!). And the organizing committee is already hallucinating for 2032 Olympics :facepalm: