Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Werloc

Field Hockey 2016 Discussion Thread

mrv86    212
12 hours ago, LDOG said:

If it's of any consolation, I think this is the most talented Junior team of all our history. I predict at least 3 of these players will be in olympic squad.

More than a consolation it reminds me that sport budget in this country is not a priority for this crap government :(

I wish that they manage to score a goal in the next two games, that's all I ask.

LDOG    264

Women's Pan American Junior Championship

7th Place Match:

:MEX Mexico 1 (4) - 1 (3) Barbados :BAR

5th Place Match:

:URU Uruguay 9 - 1 Trinidad and Tobago :TTO

Bronze Medal Match:

:CAN Canada 0 - 3 Chile :CHI

Gold Medal Match:

:ARG Argentina 6 - 0 USA :USA

:champion:ARGENTINA :champion:

7th Title (out of 8 editions)

63 goals scored, 0 received

Quasit    67
4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Women's Pan American Junior Championship

7th Place Match:

:MEX Mexico 1 (4) - 1 (3) Barbados :BAR

5th Place Match:

:URU Uruguay 9 - 1 Trinidad and Tobago :TTO

Bronze Medal Match:

:CAN Canada 0 - 3 Chile :CHI

Gold Medal Match:

:ARG Argentina 6 - 0 USA :USA

:champion:ARGENTINA :champion:

7th Title (out of 8 editions)

63 goals scored, 0 received

That's what I would call dominance. :d

Prashanth    20

India just passed through Canada...But finally they defeated with pretty good score line...4th Qtr. sealed the deal for India...

Prashanth    20

Go India Go....Show the best hockey possible thats what all we need.....Chak De India....

India are in the final of the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup after a gap of 6 years...So already the best result in 6 years...:clap:

Edited by Prashanth

intoronto    196
16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That is such bullshit :facepalm:

Ikr. I liked the current system. It seems like they are trying to one up the more popuar field hockey...

heywoodu    1,301
16 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Ikr. I liked the current system. It seems like they are trying to one up the more popuar field hockey...

I don't quite get what you're meaning with that last part :p 

They're the field hockey organization, so I suppose it's logical that they want to make their sport more popular as any sports federation would want? 

Personally I don't even see the need for a Global League or World League or Champions Trophy or whatever. We have the Olympics and we have the World Cup and that's enough. 

LDOG    264
16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Personally I don't even see the need for a Global League or World League or Champions Trophy or whatever. We have the Olympics and we have the World Cup and that's enough. 

You say that because Europe has strong club competition, so your players don't lose much if they only have to turn up for the world cup or olympics. But what about the rest of the world? world league or champions trophy is crucial for them to not lose level.