website statistics

How Many Medals do You Expect from Your Nation at the 2018 Summer Youth Olympic Games?

Fly_like_a_don

Zero, very likely..but there a slim chance for Jessica Triebeľová in Boxing, the girl is 3 years undefeated in Europe, but you know..Boxing, so it depend on which nation you´ll be drawn, if she´ll be lucky and avoid one of the protected nations a semifinals bronze is possible :d

10-13

-3 to 5 in team sports (hockey x2, boys rugby, boys futsal, girl beach handball)

-1 or 2 in swimming (girls 400/800 free)

-1 in athletics (boy pole vault)

-1 in judo (boys -81kg)

-1 in sailing (in nacra or windsurf)

-3 between: rowing, triathlon, pentathlon, equestrian, boxing, tennis (boy singles) and shooting (rifle).

Edited by LDOG

I have absolutely no idea, I don't follow the international youth competitions of every sport closely, which already makes it impossible to really have a somewhat realistic idea :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8-10 being very optimistic, but I believe that in the end we'll get 4-6. Not sure about our judo and swimming team, but our gymnasts are not nearly as strong as they were in 2010 (Arthur Nory, who didn't get a medal at the YOG but earned a bronze medal at the 2016 Olympics) or 2014 (Flávia Saraiva, 1 gold medal and 2 silver medals).  

If I have to predict for India I don't think it's very difficult :

Athletics : Boys Hammer  1silver

Archery : 0-1

Badminton : After having the multiple world and Olympic champion Lin Dan troubled twice in two weeks Lakshya Sen can win gold,  junior world no 4 Vaishnvai can win a medal if not gold. 

Judo :.W 44kg 1b

Shooting :2-4 medals. Issf senior and junior world cup champion sr world no. 5 and a senior  world record holder  Manu Bhaker and silver medallist in the rifle events  Mehuli Ghosh should win gold and this gold could be the 1st gold of the games. 

Boxing : 1g for Nitu, world youth champion 51kg girls

Field hockey : 1s men,  1b women 

Wrestling : 1g through world cadet champion65 kg  and 1 silver. 

Weightlifting : 1g or 1s M 56 kg

Total : 5g 3s 2b 10 medals

It's a bit surprising that many countries like :USA:GBR:GER:BLR:AUS:CHN:IRI:JPN:RUS:UKR:FRA or even :CAN don't have a proper idea of their youth athletes. May be as things get more clear within a month with all qualifiers  we could expect Joshmaartini007 to predict a medal tally for the games:thumbup::clap::champion::yes

8 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

It's a bit surprising that many countries like :USA:GBR:GER:BLR:AUS:CHN:IRI:JPN:RUS:UKR:FRA or even :CAN don't have a proper idea of their youth athletes. May be as things get more clear within a month with all qualifiers  we could expect Joshmaartini007 to predict a medal tally for the games:thumbup::clap::champion::yes

Canada chose 8 swimmers who are not the 8 best in Canada in the age group...