website statistics

Men's Handball PHF American Championship 2018

Felipe

On 22/6/2018 at 12:19, vinipereira said:

Indeed, especially because Argentina/Brazil/Chile have been the pan american qualified teams for Worlds since 2011. One should think that SA has better Handball teams than the rest of the continent.

There is a big power struggle between the north and the south of the continent right now. The new IHF wants to promote handball in north america and is openly fighting south american confederation. This is the last panamerican championship as we know it, from 2020 onwards we'll have two different tournaments for WCh qualification.

4 minutes ago, LDOG said:

There is a big power struggle between the north and the south of the continent right now. The new IHF wants to promote handball in north america and is openly fighting south american confederation. This is the last panamerican championship as we know it, from 2020 onwards we'll have two different tournaments for WCh qualification.

SA would lose a quota for that to work, correct?

Ahora, intoronto said:

SA would lose a quota for that to work, correct?

Yeah, my guess is that SA gets 2 and NA&caribbean 1. So Chile would be the biggest loser in this. No idea how olympic qualification will be managed in the next cycle. 

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Good news for Canada in terms of Olympic qualifying... would assume a good shot at qualifying. 

But I guess the Pan American Games still would be the olympic qualification tournament so in theory nothing would change?

hace 3 minutos, vinipereira said:

But I guess the Pan American Games still would be the olympic qualification tournament so in theory nothing would change?

It's not confirmed but I would assume so. I don't see IHF so generous as to give 2 quota for the olympics to the weakest continent.