Jump to content

Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account


Olympian1010

Central American and Caribbean Games 2018

Recommended Posts

Olympian1010    121
18 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Mexican Olympic Committee confirmed that 14 events managed to get enough participants to be on the program again.

 

Athletics (4): Men's Marathon, Men's 50km Race Walk,  Women's 10,000m, Women's 3,000m Steeplechase

Modern Pentathlon (2): Women's Relay & Mixed Relay

Rowing (1): Women's Pair

Taekwondo - Poomsae (1): Mixed Pairs

Weightlifting (6): Men's 77kg Snatch, Men's 77kg Clean & Jerk, Women's 90kg Snatch, Women's 90 Clean & Jerk, Women's +90kg Snatch & Women's +90kg Clean & Jerk.

 

I'm especially glad about Rowing, Pentathlon and Weightlifting; I couldn't care less about Poomsae, but what I will really miss is women's 20km,as our best athlete will miss the Games.

Yeah I’m glad to see that strong Weightlifting countries managed to find a few mores athletes. Glad to see more Rowing, Modern Pentathlon. Can’t believe those Athletics events were almost cut. Also could care less about poomsae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olympian1010    121
On 7/9/2018 at 19:50, mrv86 said:

Mexican Olympic Committee confirmed that 14 events managed to get enough participants to be on the program again.

 

Athletics (4): Men's Marathon, Men's 50km Race Walk,  Women's 10,000m, Women's 3,000m Steeplechase

Modern Pentathlon (2): Women's Relay & Mixed Relay

Rowing (1): Women's Pair

Taekwondo - Poomsae (1): Mixed Pairs

Weightlifting (6): Men's 77kg Snatch, Men's 77kg Clean & Jerk, Women's 90kg Snatch, Women's 90 Clean & Jerk, Women's +90kg Snatch & Women's +90kg Clean & Jerk.

 

I'm especially glad about Rowing, Pentathlon and Weightlifting; I couldn't care less about Poomsae, but what I will really miss is women's 20km,as our best athlete will miss the Games.

The official website posted an article that said that there was an effort by the ODECABE to save 22 of the cancelled events, but that support was only garnered for these 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrv86    354
12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The official website posted an article that said that there was an effort by the ODECABE to save 22 of the cancelled events, but that support was only garnered for these 14.

 

Well I have no doubt that they tried as hard as they could; but this kind of problem has been common in the latest editions of the Games, mainly to sabotage each NOC main rival in the medal count. The only one that has not done so it's Mexico, because this is their only chance to showcase its talents in each sport and event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
intoronto    342
7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Detailed Schedule available here

"Yikes! We couldn't find the page you were looking for." :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Olympian1010    121
50 minutes ago, intoronto said:

"Yikes! We couldn't find the page you were looking for." :(

Click the link at the bottom the article. Should take you to the links for detailed and overall schedules

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LDOG    481
On 11/7/2018 at 13:54, mrv86 said:

 

Well I have no doubt that they tried as hard as they could; but this kind of problem has been common in the latest editions of the Games, mainly to sabotage each NOC main rival in the medal count. The only one that has not done so it's Mexico, because this is their only chance to showcase its talents in each sport and event.

 

It's the same with Colombia and Venezuela in S.A. games. They are obsessed with medal counts so they sabotage all the events in which they don't stand a chance. Argentina on the other hand always participates in everything, even weightlifting in which we can't win even bronzes and they get free golds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mrv86    354
39 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Has anyone found any results/entries websites?

They have made some minor modifications to the website, and according to the organizing committee, final entries were submitted on Friday. They're probably just processing that info and running tests on the final schedule/results page. Probably it will be finished between tomorrow and Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×