website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2018

Olympian1010

Results are in. Bad day for many. However :BAR Barbados is holding team bronze despite having one elimination. Equestrian medal would be incredible for them!

Also one Guatemalan managed to be almost 45 seconds inside the time. :yikes::lol:

#banbestmen

Easy gold medal for Colombia in Women’s Roller Speed Skating 1000m. She won by about 20m.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just watched the Women’s Roller Speed Skating 10,000m procession... I mean points/elimination race. Colombia won every single sprint and only 3 nations even managed to finish the race.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The Colombian skater, (world champion) in the Men’s Roller Speed Skating 10,000m Points/Elimination Race, just won the race after lapping the chasing pack (2nd, 3rd, 4th) 3 times!! :yikes:. The pack even included a 2017 World Games medalist from Mexico.

15 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Surprising gold medalists in 300m Time Trial. Guatemala and Mexico coming away as winners. Colombia only getting silver and bronze.

Well, it was not so much as a surprise, as Martinez has obtained medals at World Championships in this event. However, competing at Colombia, he was the underdog.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

The Colombian skater, (world champion) in the Men’s Roller Speed Skating 10,000m Points/Elimination Race, just won the race after lapping the chasing pack (2nd, 3rd, 4th) 3 times!! :yikes:. The pack even included a 2017 World Games medalist from Mexico.

Yes he absolutely destroyed everyone else in the track, so a very well deserved medal for him.

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Looks like organizers might need a whole day to add up all those time penalties. Too bad, I'm curious to find out what happened to :BAR:HON teams. :p

Honduras had an awful 2nd day, with two of its riders being eliminated, thus bumping them to 5th place.

Barbados on the other hand looks in a good position to finish in 3rd place, as does Susan Archer currently in 6th.

Also a good competition from the Salvadorian rider, now holding the 4th position.

8 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Wow! I thought there was some age limit, but I guess it's not the case.

Based off the qualification document, only some sports have age limits. Upon saying that though, I think the majority of age limits internationally are 13, 14, or 15