website statistics

Central American and Caribbean Games 2018

Olympian1010

I would have expected them to pick double Olympic champion Mariana Pajon to light the torch, given she's not going to be able to compete. But I guess they decided to give the honor to their local hero, Rentería.

Edited by mrv86

1 minute ago, vinipereira said:

Okay, this segment is REALLY similar to Rio's "different tribes" portion. I think there is cleary some inspiration going on here.

I think Ceremony pulls almost all of its material from the last Olympic opening ceremonies, Rio’s in particular 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Okay, this segment is REALLY similar to Rio's "different tribes" portion. I think there is cleary some inspiration going on here.

The first part of the show (before the Athlete's parade) was somewhat promising, despite some problems with the illumination, but then it turned itself into a corny mashup. What a pity :cry:

1 minute ago, mrv86 said:

Again talking about Rentería? Did he pay the whole games or what?

I think it’s cool that their honoring him so well

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela