website statistics

Luge 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

Werloc

• 4 weeks later...

Wonderful snow in Konigssee. :)

As for Obratov, 22nd place in nations cup yesterday. 17th place on the last split before finish however, what would have been a decent result...

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

On 02.12.2016. at 19:47, heywoodu said:

I am going to brag about this for 4 years if Repilov actually wins gold :p 

Today I had a bit of a chat with luge announcer too, also with Tucker West. He mentioned both of my messages. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Today I had a bit of a chat with luge announcer too, also Tucker West. He mentioned both of my messages. :d

Cool :d

Too bad I couldn't watch on the live stream this time.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, hckosice said:

another disastrous result in the team relay...few years ago we were constantly aound 6th place now we are still among the lasts...if it will continue this way I´m worried if we will even qualify our relay for the olympics :(

To be fair, Slovak female racer hit the wall like five times in a domino effect. If they had another go, they would be 3-4 seconds faster for sure.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

To be fair, Slovak female racer hit the wall like five times in a domino effect. If they had another go, they would be 3-4 seconds faster for sure.

yes, She is still young, it´s her 1st season in the world cup, she had some promising results in the juniors category so I assume it would need some time to adapt in the senior level for her. at least we have still some sources in the youth category like Zmij/Veverčák in the doubles, they  even finished many times on the podiums. but our problem is we have almost nobody in decent level in seniors category, also Jozef Ninis will not compete for eternity among mens, he is already the oldest athlete in the circuit and I don´t see anyone who can replace him after PyeongChang

• 3 weeks later...

World Championships started today with some surprising results in sprints. Gold medals for :USA Hamlin, :GER Wendl/Arlt, :AUT Kindl.

Only bronze for Germany in women's and no medal for Germany in men's sprint (not even top 5). :yikes: This sport is actually becoming unpredictable. 6 nations won medals today.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen