website statistics

Luge 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

Werloc

31 minutes ago, dcro said:

I just heard that :KOR Korea bought German-born Aileen Frisch (former junior World champion). :lol: :facepalm:

Nothing surprising, it's the season of olympic shopping. :d They have bought 2 russian biathletes too, though they aren't so prime.

13 minutes ago, dcro said:

Wow, that was you. :d Nice.

There my (Twitter)-name was again, "Repilov, two time junior world champion and Heywood has him as the 2018 Olympic champion" :evil:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, dcro said:

@heywoodu You picked Repilov as the 2018 Olympic champion? :d

:d 

Geisenberger, Eitberger, Hüfner for the women

Repilov, Loch, Kindl for the men

Geueke/Gamm, Eggert/Benecken, Penz/Fischler for the doubles :p 

Eitberger was laughing about Repilov and Geueke/Gamm (as in, "hmm maybe a bit too early") but especially the young doubles team is seriously impressive so far :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

You are famous. :lol:

I am going to brag about this for 4 years if Repilov actually wins gold :p 

What a bad results for Germans :lol: They was just 7th in the relay, one place higher than Polish relay :lol:

I didn't expected good results for our athletes, as its first time since 3 years when we compete in World Cup outside Europe and for all of them it was first ever on this track, only Maciej Kurowski started here already, but it was.... 7 years ago :wacko:

The germans are strong, but once again is proven that training on the tracks makes a big difference in luge. Having the privilege to train on the 5 or so german tracks, they easily dominate the races in droves, but for the few times every year they go to North America or elsewhere in Europe, their dominance disappears. Like there wasn't a single german in the top 5 in the mens race.