website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV Under 19 European Championship 2018

VolleyRuller96

Women's Volleyball CEV Under 19 European Championship 2018

ALB.gif Durres/Tirana (ALB) - 1 September 2018 - 9 September 2018 ALB.gif

174144xmlm7zazmq37md50.png

Totallympics Results Thread

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUALIFICATION ROUND I,  DAY II

GROUP A

:SWE Sweden - :ISL Iceland

:UKR Ukraine - :CYP Cyprus

GROUP B

:ISR Israel - :BLR Belarus

:MNE Montenegro - :GEO Georgia

WATCH THE GAMES AT https://www.laola1.tv/en-at/channel/volleyball

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

QUALIFICATION ROUND I,  DAY II RESULTS 

GROUP A

:SWE Sweden 3-0 :ISL Iceland

:UKR Ukraine 3-0 :CYP Cyprus

GROUP B

:ISR Israel 0-3 :BLR Belarus

:MNE Montenegro 3-0 :GEO Georgia

QUALIFICATION ROUND I,  DAY III RESULTS 

GROUP A:

:UKRUkraine 3-0 :ISL Iceland

:SWE Sweden 3-2 :CYP Cyprus

:UKR UKRAINE WINS GROUP AND PROGRESSES TO ROUND 2

GROUP B

:BLR Belarus 3-0 :GEO Georgia

:ISR Israel 0-3 :MNE Montenegro

QUALIFICATION ROUND I,  DAY IV RESULTS 

GROUP B

:BLR Belarus 3-0  :MNE Montenegro

:ISR Israel 3-1 ::GEOGeorgia

:BLR BELARUS WINS THE GROUP AND PROGRESSES TO THE NEXT ROU D

• 3 months later...

QUALIFICATION ROUND II DAY I 

POOL A

:DEN Denmark - :NED Netherlands

:SRB Serbia - :HUN Hungary

POOL B 
:FIN Finland - :RUS Russia

POOL D
:EST Estonia - :BUL Bulgaria

:GRE Greece - :SUI Switzerland

POOL F 
:BLR Belarus - :ROU Romania

POOL G 
:LAT Latvia - :POL Poland

:GER Germany - :POR Portugal

WATCH THE GAMES AT https://www.laola1.tv/en-at/channel/volleyball

QUALIFICATION ROUND II DAY I RESULTS

POOL A

:DEN Denmark 0-3 :NED Netherlands

:SRB Serbia 3-0 :HUN Hungary

POOL B 
:FIN Finland 0-3 :RUS Russia

POOL D
:EST Estonia 0-3 :BUL Bulgaria

:GRE Greece 3-1 :SUI Switzerland

POOL F 
:BLR Belarus 3-2 :ROU Romania

POOL G 
:LAT Latvia 0-3 :POL Poland

:GER Germany 3-0 :POR Portugal

Pre-favourites record speedy wins on opening day of #EuroVolleyU19W qualifiers 

Luxembourg, April 26, 2018. The race for a spot in the Final Round of the 2018 CEV U19 Volleyball European Championship – Women started on Thursday with eight matches across five pools. The pre-favourite teams – Serbia, the Netherlands, Russia, Bulgaria, Greece, Germany and Poland – lived up to the expectations as they all recorded comfortable wins while Belarus and Romania delivered a battle lasting five sets in Ploiesti, with the visitors emerging victorious at the tiebreak. The eventual winners of the seven second-round qualifiers will secure their participation in the #EuroVolleyU19W Finals due to take place in early September in Albania. 

Pool A in Zrenjanin (SRB) 

Denmark vs. The Netherlands 0-3 (20-25, 20-25, 19-25) 

In the opening match of the #EuroVolleyU19W qualifier in Zrenjanin, the Netherlands beat Denmark 3-0 in just 72 minutes. The Danish girls managed to put up a fight with the persistent Dutch side in the initial stages of all three sets, but the Oranjes would pull off and easily wrap it up to take their first victory at the tournament. 
“This is a very important victory for my team even though we did not play our best. However, this is a new environment for us and the three points is all that matters now,” said Sarah van Aalen, team captain of the Dutch side.

153919_DENvsNED-004.jpg

Serbia vs. Hungary 3-0 (25-22, 25-10, 25-21) 

In the second match of the day, hosts Serbia overpowered Hungary with the same result (3-0). In the first and the last set, the Hungarian girls were an equal rival, but they could not capitalise on their good game. Serbia were more efficient in the deciding moments and deservedly booked their first three points.
“It is good that we won 3-0, because we were under a lot of pressure to perform well in the first match in front of the home crowd. We struggled in reception and we have to work on that. This was not our best game but we got the job done,” said Marijana Boričić, head coach of Serbia.

Pool B in Anapa (RUS) 

Finland vs. Russia 0-3 (17-25, 20-25, 19-25) 

Russia and Finland opened the programme of the tournament organised at Voleygrad in Anapa. After a close start to the match, Russia’s Viktoriia Pushina stopped the Finnish spikers to make it 8-6 for the home side. After that, with a series of attacks from the wings, Polina Shemanova forced Finland head coach Luca Chiappini to use his first timeout. Finland tried to regroup with the help of Saana Lindgren, but Russia comfortably sailed towards a 25-17 win. 

The situation changed completely in the second set. Finland caught a flying start with the attacks of Suvi Kokkonen (5-1) but could not hold on to their advantage as Russia soon fought back to 8-7. Finland missed several attacks and the hosts found the right holes in the Finnish defence to move the score to 21-17 before Tatiana Kadochkina ended the set 25-20. 

Russia gained a slight advantage (8-5) in the early stages of the third set with attacks of Valentina Bachinina but several service errors helped Finland decrease the gap to 11-12. After a double substitution, Russia changed gear and eventually secured a 3-0 win. 

174434_IMG_2291.JPG

Luca Chiappini, head coach of Finland: “It was a good match for us. We did what we could. Russia is a very strong team. For my team this kind of match is a very good experience.” 

Suvi Kokkonen, team captain of Finland: “We tried our best but we did not play our game. We need to practice more in order to perform better.”

Alexander Karikov, head coach of Russia: “This was the first match of the tournament and my team was a little bit nervous. We made many own mistakes. I am satisfied with the result and we will continue to work hard.” 

Valentina Bachinina, player of Russia: “We won the game and I am happy. We have to improve our performance to reduce the number of mistakes we made today.”

Pool D in Portaria / Volos (GRE) 

Estonia vs. Bulgaria 0-3 (12-25, 12-25, 16-25) 

Bulgaria and Greece opened their #EuroVolleyU19W campaigns with wins in the mountain resort of Portaria, central Greece. However, while Bulgaria produced a show of power against Estonia for a straight-set sweep, Greece struggled against Switzerland, dropping a set on the way.

Bulgaria were led by Dobrina Hristoskova who scored 16 points and Aleksandra Milanova who added 13, as the young Lionesses blocked Estonia 8 stuffs to 3 and served nine aces to Estonia's none.

“Our girls played well and followed our tactics. We are happy we started with a victory,” said Bulgaria coach Asen Metodiev after the game.

192538_1899038.jpg

Greece vs. Switzerland 3-1 (25-21, 25-12, 23-25, 25-19) 

Hosts Greece followed Bulgaria’s lead with a 3-1 win over Switzerland. With 22 points from team captain Effrosyni Alexakou and six aces (18 points) by Effrosyni Bakodimou, Greece overwhelmed Switzerland in attacking, to counter the visitors’ superior blocking (8 vs. 14).

“I was afraid we would have ups and downs in our performance due to a lack of friendly games. However, I think we played well for an opening match. We will be improving day-by-day,” said Greece's head coach Nikolaos Boutsouris.

Pool F in Ploiesti (ROU) 

Belarus vs. Romania 3-2 (17-25, 25-20, 19-25, 25-15, 15-10) 

Hosts Romania tried to cause a sensation while playing the bronze medal winners from last year’s U18 European Championship but they ended up losing in five sets at the end of a marathon match with Belarus. 

203353_BLR%20vs.%20ROU%207.JPG

Romania came out with all guns blazing, winning the first set but Belarus responded by stepping up their efforts in defence, thus forcing the home team to make many mistakes and restoring the balance in the match. Romania cruised to a 16-12 lead in the third set and they eventually took it home at 25-19. Belarus got back on track in set four leading the way at both technical time-outs (8-6, 16-13), ultimately cruising to a 25-15 win. The tiebreak was quite one-sided as the home team could not use their chances of causing a sensation and Belarus eventually celebrated a hard-fought 3-2 victory. 

Pool G in Vilsbiburg (GER) 

Latvia vs. Poland 0-3 (14-25, 14-25, 15-25) 

Poland needed only 67 minutes to record a comprehensive 3-0 victory over Latvia to open the programme of the tournament in Vilsbiburg. Poland rushed to an 8-1 lead in the opening set and even though Latvia put up a fight, Poland easily secured a compelling 25-14 win. Poland enjoyed an obvious physical edge over their opponent and especially their 202 cm tall opposite hitter Magdalena Stysiak caused many problems to the young Latvians. Stysiak top scored in the end with 11 points – as many as those recorded by Aleksandra Gryka. Irbe Andike Lazda scored seven times for Latvia in their losing effort. 

Latvia coach, Pavels Selivanovs, was not too thrilled about his team’s performance. “I am lost for words. My team was way too scared of Poland.” His Polish colleague Waldemar Kawka, on the other hand, was satisfied with the result, but not so much with the performance of his team. “We made too many mistakes, we have to improve on that for the remainder of the tournament,” he said. 

Team%20D%20Szene%20B%20AG.jpg

Germany vs. Portugal 3-0 (25-10, 25-11, 25-19) 

Germany emulated Poland as they recorded a comprehensive 3-0 victory as well as they played Portugal on Thursday late afternoon. The team coached by Martin Watne Frydnes obviously dominated the first and second sets, as Germany’s captain Corina Glaab and her teammates found little resistance on the other side of the net. The third set, on the other hand, was a close affair up to 14-all but the Germans pulled away after the second technical timeout to secure a 3-0 victory. Romy Jatzko was the best scorer for Team Germany with 14 points, as Daniela Ferreira registered nine for Portugal. 

“We brought a very young team to Vilsbiburg. Most of our girls are under 17 and are here to gain experience on an international level. The match against a strong German team was hard on the one hand, but we can take a lot away from this game on the other. All in all, I am pretty satisfied with my team’s performance,” said Portugal coach Manuel Almeida. 

Germany coach Martin Watne Frydnes was happy about his team’s 3-0 victory: “The opponent did not challenge us as much as other opponents will do. It can get a little difficult to maintain focus and discipline. Despite a few exceptions, I think we did a pretty good job.” Germany will play Latvia and Poland on Friday and Saturday respectively to complete their duties in the tournament.