Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

heywoodu    2,247
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

My thoughts exactly. Only the second edition, but this project seems like a failure. And when i think that in 2015 there was a big enthusiasm when the Games were running.

On which planet? :p 

Totallympics doesn't count, we all know we'd stay awake half the night for two weeks if there was a Junior South Burmese Games or something.

Edited by heywoodu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Gianlu33    677
Posted (edited)
2 minuti fa, phelps ha scritto:

it was a farce in 2015 and it will be a farce in 2019...

it's only a celebration of the former Soviet Republics' power...

the real European Champions are those who win the single discipline European Champs, not this joke...:facepalm:

I see some big improvment since 2015.. we'll have 3 sport that we'll give the European Championship medal and the level will be a little more hight... i hope that in 2023 it will be again better

Edited by Gianlu33

intoronto    296
2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

On which planet? :p 

Totallympics doesn't count, we all know we'd stay awake half the night for two weeks if there was a Junior South Burmese Games or something.

:lol::lol:

dcro    1,989

It wasn't even that much of a thing here either. I remember that the 3rd division team athletics turned out to be my highlight. :lol:

intoronto    296

You need to give events time to grow, look at all the other continental games from their first to last editions.

For ex. Pan Am Games 

1951:2513 athletes

2015: 6132 athletes

heywoodu    2,247
Just now, dcro said:

It wasn't even that much of a thing here either. I remember that the 3rd division team athletics turned out to be my highlight. :lol:

The one where the (doping, as turned out later) steeplechase Azeri-Ethiopian/Kenyan was leading by 5 minutes and then stumbled and hit the bar flat on the face in the last lap? :bowdown:

She got away without injury because she got up and won so it's safe to say that was my comical highlight of the Games. 

dcro    1,989
4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

The one where the (doping, as turned out later) steeplechase Azeri-Ethiopian/Kenyan was leading by 5 minutes and then stumbled and hit the bar flat on the face in the last lap? :bowdown:

She got away without injury because she got up and won so it's safe to say that was my comical highlight of the Games. 

Yes, and the one where :SVK won by a single point. :d

hckosice    1,316
2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yes, and the one where :SVK won by a single point. :d

We have silver, Austria won gold by 0.5 points, because the Azeri athlete in Hammer throw was doped and disqualified, thus the Austrian athlete in this event moved up from 4th to 3rd place and took 1 more point for his team which in overall resulted in the Austrian gold by this half point, we had to return gold because of that...https://sport.sme.sk/c/8053593/slovensko-dodatocne-prislo-o-zlato-na-eh-v-baku-azerbajdzanec-dopoval.html

Olympian1010    23
6 hours ago, phelps said:

it was a farce in 2015 and it will be a farce in 2019...

it's only a celebration of the former Soviet Republics' power...

the real European Champions are those who win the single discipline European Champs, not this joke...:facepalm:

Will if Western Europe showed an interest in hosting it would be there...

Posted (edited)

Wait a minute... Wasn't gymnastics part of the European Championships thing? So we will have gymnastics events at the European Games and also European Championships?

I don't really dislike the European Games, but if we have Games + Championships, I believe acrobatics, aerobics and trampoline should be axed. Artistic and rhythmic are all we need. I like the way they only allow one gymnast per nation to qualify for the finals. This gives hope for smaller nations to earn a medal, especially in rhythmic gymnastics, which is a sport that absolutely needs to have some variety among the medalists instead of RUS, UKR, BLR, BUL and ISR (and ITA in groups). 

Edited by thiago_simoes

heywoodu    2,247
2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Will if Western Europe showed an interest in hosting it would be there...

But they need support from the population, whereas I have a feeling Belarus (or who knows, Turkey for the next one) don't give two fucks about what the population thinks :p 

prso1000    23

Taekwondo is not part of the Games? 

That is a big disadvantage for the Europeans iro qualification to Tokio. All the other continents will have their games, where they can get additional 40 points and Europe not. Not good.